Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Correcting errors on your personal tax return

​If you've filed your personal tax return and realised that you've made a mistake you can tell us when you receive your notice of assessment.

Don't complete another tax return.

If there is a mistake or error

On a recent return

When you receive your tax asse​​ssment and there is a mistake, you can tell us using the Personal Tax Enquiry form.

Tax returns from earlier years

If your tax was too high beacuse of an errors or mistake, you can ask for a correction to be made not later than 5 years after the year of the assessment for the return.


If you overpaid your tax as a res​ult of the mistake you can ask for a repayment.

If you owe any tax for any other years this will be settled first. 

If you don't request a repayment any remaining credit will be put towards your current tax.

You can request a repayment using the Personal Tax Enquiry form.

Personal Tax Enquiry form

Use this form to send your enquiry to Revenue Jersey. 

Personal Tax Enquiry form

Don't agree with the notice of assessment

If you've filed your tax return and received your tax assessment but don't agree with the how it's been calculated you have 40 days to make an appeal. You can't appeal if you haven't filed your return and received a default assessment.

How to appeal your tax assessment

Back to top
rating button