Items which need a permit
You cannot bring some goods into Jersey without a valid licence or permit. They include:
- liquid milk
- illegal drugs
- endangered animals and goods made or taken from them
- firearms, ammunition, accessories and other weapons
- explosives and fireworks
- chemicals for making weapons
- flick knives, gravity knives and CS gas sprays
- indecent and obscene material
The documents below form the legal basis of most, but not all, restrictions on imported goods. Contact Customs for more information.
Customs and Excise (Import and Export Control) (Jersey) Order 2006 on Jersey Law website
Download Open General Import Licence (size 157kb)
Bringing endangered animals and animal products into Jersey
There are controls on the international trade of certain animal species under the Convention of International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES).
Jersey is a signatory to CITES through the UK government.
Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES)