Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Manpower returns

A change for employers from January 2022

You can use the manpower form here to submit your December 2021 manpower return, but after this return, you must switch to the Combined Employer Return.    

From January 2022 if you employ staff you will need to use the Combined Employer Return to submit monthly manpower returns for your staff. The deadline for your January submission is February 15 2022. You will then submit manpower information on a monthly basis together with ITIS and Social Security information.

More information about combined employer returns

​​About manpower returns​​​

Every business / undertaking in Jersey must submit, by law, a manpower return twice a year.

The information gathered in the manpower return provides valuable data about the Jersey labour market which is used to inform government policy.

When to submit your manpower return​​

Manpower returns must be submitted by 31 January and 31 July each year, and must contain information about the status of your business / undertaking as at 31 December and 30 June.

If you’re a sole trader or self-employed, you still need to include yourself as an employee.

How to submit your manpower return

You can submit your manpower return either using the employer returns website, or using the online form. 

Information you'll need to complete your manpower return​

You’ll need to provide the following information for your business / undertaking when completing your manpower return:

  • business / undertaking reference
  • business / undertaking name
  • business / undertaking address

You will also need to provide the following information for each employee:

  • Social Security number (found on employee registration card)
  • first and last name (exactly as it appears on employee registration card)
  • residential status (registered, licensed or entitled)
  • contracted hours (full time, part time or zero hour basis)  
  • contract type (permanent or non-permanent) 
  • exempt status (yes or no) 
  • date joined / date left (if the employee joined and / or left the business / undertaking ​during the month of the manpower return, either in June or December)  ​

Using the employer returns website to submit a manpower return

You can complete and submit your ITIS returns, along with Social Security schedules and manpower returns, using the employer returns website.

Any information you enter is stored, available for reference and will pre-populate your next return.  

You can also upload files for: 

  • ITIS returns
  • contributions schedules
  • manpower returns
  • benefit in kind (BIK) returns

You can register and use the employe​r returns website​​.

Using the online form or uploading a spreadsheet to submit a manpower return

The information you submit on the form won’t be kept and you’ll have to re-enter it for your next return. 

Email reminders​

We will send email reminders to you from December and June which will have links to either the employer returns​ website or the online form so you can submit your manpower return. 

​Residential statuses​ and what they mean 

​You can find out more about residential statuses below. 

Residential statuses and what they mean​

Back to top
rating button