Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Find out more about Jersey Teachers' Superannuation Fund

About the Jersey Teachers' Superannuation Fund (JTSF)

The JTSF is a final salary scheme for teachers in Jersey. It provides you with a lump sum and regular income after you retire. It also provides your family or other dependants with financial protection after your death.

Member's guides and documents

 All documents and guides for the JTSF can be found on the Jersey Teachers Superannuation Fund Forms and Publications page.  On this page you can find Member Guides for both sets of Orders as well as Annual Reports and Valuation Reports.

Joining the JTSF

If you were first employed on or after 1 April 2007, you will become a member under the JTSF New Members Order.

To become a member of the JTSF, you must be employed as a teacher in an establishment maintained by the States of Jersey. If you work in an independent school or a further or higher education establishment, you need to check with your Human Resources department to see if you can join the JTSF.

If you are employed as a full time teacher you will automatically become a member of the JTSF. 

If you are employed as a part time teacher or on supply you will have to complete the below form to become a member of the JTSF.

Apply to Join the JTSF

Your contributions

You pay 5% which is deducted from your wage and 16.4% is paid to us by your employer. Contributions are deducted from your basic gross salary. You or your employer don't make any contributions on additional payments that you might receive on top your basic salary, for example overtime or stand-by payments. 

If you are a member of the Existing Members Order you will no longer be required to pay contributions if you have 45 or more years service in the JTSF'

Additional voluntary contributions

The form below allows you to apply for, change or cancel payments of AVC.

Apply for, change or cancel your AVC payments

On submitting the form it will be emailed to the pension team who will write to you to confirm your application has been received. It will also be emailed to the payroll department if you work for the States of Jersey, or your payroll administrator if you work for an admitted employer, who will then start, change or cancel the deduction of additional contributions from the month you specify on the form.

AVC Factor tables

AVC Guidance notes

Pension age

The normal pension age is determined to be 60 in the Existing Members Order and 65 in the New Members Order.

If you are a member of the new members order and  choose to retire before you reach pension age  your pension will be subject to a reduction. We recommend that you take advice from an independent financial adviser before choosing this option as this reduction is permanent.

Members under the Existing Members Order cannot retire before age 60

Tax free lump sum

If you are a member of the new members order you can receive part of your retirement benefit as a lump sum by converting (commuting) part of your pension into cash. You can currently commute up to 30% of your pension for a tax-free lump sum. For every £1 converted you will receive £13.50.

If you are a member of the Existing Members Order you will receive an automatic lump sum of three times your annual pension on retirement

Survivor and children's benefits

To find out more information on the survivor benefits available to you as a member of the JTSF, please visit the page Survivor benefits

On this page you will find an online form which you can use to inform the pensions team of who you would like a survivor benefit payable to.  You will also find documents on the survivor benefits available in the JTSF

Retiring or leaving the JTSF

If you are considering leaving or retiring from the JTSF, please visit the page Retiring from or leaving a public service pension scheme.

On this page you will find an online form which you need to use to inform the pensions team of what you would like to do with your pension benefits on retiring from or leaving the JTSF. You will also find various documentation informing you of the benefits available on leaving or retiring from the JTSF

Transfer in

You can transfer a pension from any other pension arrangement that you may have.

Transfer in form

Complaints procedure

If you are unhappy with a decision that affects you or your dependants you have a right to have the decision reviewed. You should email the Public Employees Pension Team within three months of the decision being made or within three months of the day on which you became aware of something to complain about.

JTSF complaints procedure

Back to top
rating button