1. New United Nations Security Council ("UNSC") and autonomous UK asset-freeze designations are effective immediately in Jersey.
2. When there has been a change to the asset-freeze designations in force in Jersey, a Financial Sanctions Notice ("Notice") is issued by the Financial Sanctions Implementation Unit ("FSIU") and published on the Jersey Gazette as soon as possible. You can register to receive email alerts when a new Notice is published.
3. Notices are published when:
- individuals or entities have been designated for the purpose of an asset-freeze
- individuals or entities are no longer subject to an asset-freeze
- the details of existing asset-freeze designations (for example, identifying information) have been changed
- there are other significant changes to Jersey's sanctions regime
4. The Notice may include identifying information on asset-freeze designations and what you must do, as well as legislative details and other relevant information.
5. FSIU publish Notices on the Jersey Gazette during business hours on Monday to Friday. However, updates are sometimes made to the UNSC Committees' lists and the UNSC Consolidated List outside FSIU publishing times.
6. To ensure subscribers to sanctions Notices on the Jersey Gazette are always informed of updates to the UNSC or UK sanctions lists as soon as possible, subscribers will now also receive an email from FSIU (FSIU@gov.je) that forwards notices from the UNSC Subsidiary Organs Branch (the "Secretariat") advising of changes to UN asset-freeze designations made over the weekend.
7. The Secretariat automatically conveys updates to the UNSC Committees' lists and to the United Nations Security Council Consolidated List by e-mail shortly following updates made to the Lists. It is these emails that will be forwarded to subscribers by the FSIU on weekends.
8. A FSIU Notice will then be published on the Jersey Gazette, in line with existing practice, the next working day.
9. Please note this new email address will not be monitored and all sanctions correspondence should continue to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Further guidance and information on sanctions in Jersey can be found on the Government of Jersey website.
11. Non-media enquiries, sanctions compliance reporting, and licence applications should be addressed to:
Financial Sanctions Implementation Unit