What is the Digital Policy Framework?
The Digital Policy Framework sets out six core long-term objectives for the future of digital policy-making in Jersey.
It follows extensive consultation with Islanders, including contributions from the private sector, states members and government departments, whose valuable perspective shaped the Framework, and whose involvement will be key to its success.
While the pace of technological change accelerates, the objectives and principles that follow will determine our approach for the next ten years. The principles provide a broad, guiding structure for the development of digital policy by government departments and our partner agencies. Greater detail on actions will be included in the separate strategies that will be developed for each objective. This approach ensures that the Framework remains focused and adaptable to changing technology requirements.
This Framework contributes directly to seven of the eleven strategic goals set out in Shaping Our Future
- promote safety & security through a robust approach to cyber-security
- help Islanders to learn & grow by providing digital skills to all
- deliver more efficient public services to improve health & wellbeing
- facilitate affordable living through ensuring reasonable pricing in essential telecoms services
- shape an attractive business environment to deliver jobs & growth
The success of this Framework, will mean improved public finances, efficient and convenient public services and well-maintained infrastructure to ensure that Jersey is a well-run Island.