A thriving digital sector will provide Jersey with additional high-value jobs and encourage the spread of new technology to other industries, accelerating economic growth and increasing productivity.
Jersey can become one of the most attractive locations for digital businesses. Government established Digital Jersey, in cooperation with other agencies, to encourage the growth of a strong digital sector by acting as an advocate for industry and a facilitator between public and private sectors. Digital Jersey supports local digital businesses in exporting their goods and services, and promotes Jersey as a location of choice for companies from overseas.
Government will work with the regulators and industry to shape a responsive regulatory environment, enable the adoption of new technologies, and encourage innovation. These principles will help develop Jersey into a competitive and mature digital business centre, securing productivity-led growth for the Island.
- Enable appropriate access to finance
- Attract inward investment in Jersey's digital sector
- Increase the international competitiveness of Jersey’s digital sector
- Reduce barriers to entry for digital start ups
Key Performance Indicators
- High-productivity digital sector employment up by 1000 by 2025
- GVA of the digital sector increased by 50% by 2025
- Productivity of the sector increased by 10% by 2025
- First annual measurement of the size of Jersey’s digital sector by 2018