About the rheumatology service
The rheumatology service aims to provide comprehensive, individual care for patients with inflammatory arthritis.
The rheumatology service in Jersey is based at:
Westmount Assessment and Rehabilitation Centre
Blood tests (phlebotomy service)
If you have frequent blood tests because of your arthritis treatment, we also offer a phlebotomy service at the Jersey General Hospital and Westmount Centre.
|Jersey General Hospital Outpatient Department||Monday to Thursday: 9am to 12 noon|
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 2pm to 4pm
Friday: 9.30am to 12 noon
Closed on bank holidays
|Westmount Centre||Wednesday: 9am to 11.50am|
You need to make an appointment. Call reception on +44 (0) 1534 443062
We offer the following services:
- specialist service for patients with all types of rheumatological conditions
- monitoring and management service for new patients with inflammatory arthritis
- assessment and monitoring of patients undergoing biologic therapies
- a telephone advice helpline for patients and families
- podiatry service (based at the Jersey General Hospital). Referral is required from a medical professional
- occupational therapy. Referral is required from a medical professional
Your prescribed drug treatment
You can find out more about your prescribed drugs on the Arthritis Research website.
If you are experiencing side effects or problems, contact your GP or the nurses on +44 (0) 1534 443053.
Drugs on the Arthritis Research UK website
Our rheumatology staff
The rheumatology service is staffed by the following people:
- Professor A Woolf: visiting rheumatologist from Cornwall
- Dr Mike Richardson: consultant for rheumatology
- Dr Jon Bevan: associate specialist for rheumatology
- Jane Abraham: Rheumatology Nurse (telephone +44 (0) 1534 443053)
- Julie Le Sueur: Rheumatology Nurse
- Jean Barnett and Claire Minihane: Medical Secretaries (telephone +44 (0) 1534 443060 or +44 (0) 1534 443071)
- Lynn Butel: Private Secretary (telephone +44 (0) 7700 810001)
Local charities and support groups
There are a few local charities and support groups that can help.
Pain Support Jersey
Pain Support's aim is to support fibromyalgia and chronic pain sufferers to live fulfilling lives despite their pain. They offer a range of activities.
The group meets Tuesday mornings from 10.30am to 12.30pm at The Kings Centre, Clarkson House, Mont Couchon.
Phone: +44 (0) 7797 952165
Pain Support Jersey website
National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society (NASS)
This group runs hydrotherapy and gym sessions on Tuesday afternoons from 4.30pm to 5.30pm at the Jersey General Hospital.
Each session costs £6.
Phone Martin Postlethwaite on +44 (0) 1534 618095 or send him an email.
Email Martin Postlethwaite
Further online support, advice and guidance
Call the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Soeicty patient helpline on 0800 298 7650.
You can also use the links below for further information.
Arthritis Research UK website
National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society website
A Positive Approach to Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (papaa) website
Psoriasis Association website
Fibromyalgia association UK
National Osteoporosis Society