Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Leaving the Island for more than 3 months

​When to tell us you're leaving the Island​​​

You don't need to tell us more than a month in advance of when you're​ leaving.

How to tell us you're leaving the Island

If you're leaving Jersey permanently or temporarily for three months or more, you'll need to complete the form below (unless you're a full time student leaving to go to university).

We'll tell the following that you're leaving:

  • Social Security (this sits within Customer and Local Services)
  • Revenue Jersey
  • Health and Social Services
  • Education (only if you're leaving with a child)
  • your doctor's surgery (only if you want us to tell your surgery)
  • the parish that you lived in when you left

Tell us you're leaving the Island

Data sharing agreement

​​​Who else you need to inform

You should consider contacting the following:

Join the Jersey overseas community​

Would you like to stay in touch with the Island and connect with members of the Jersey overseas community? Sign up to Jersey Connections​ for updates.​

Back to top
rating button