Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Fireworks (licences to sell and import)

Fireworks regulations and requirements

The sale and handling of fireworks is currently regulated by the Explosives (Jersey) Law 1970.

Article 17 refers to the explosives code of requirements which anyone using or handling explosives must follow.

Explosives code of requirements

If you're planning to hold a public or semi-public firework display there are health and safety legal requirements you should be aware of. Find more information on organising a firework display.

Selling fireworks

Anyone wishing to sell fireworks needs a licence, which can be obtained from the Connetable of the parish from which the fireworks are to be sold.

The Fire and Rescue Service may carry out an inspection of the premises from which the fireworks are to be sold and the storage areas.

You must follow certain requirements to receive a licence.

Retailers guide to selling fireworks

Importing fireworks

If you wish to import fireworks or any other kind of pyrotechnic device you must apply to the Senior Fire Safety Officer at the Fire and Rescue Service.

Application form to import pyrotechnics

Back to top
rating button