Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Licensing and entertainment: fire safety requirements

​​Inspections of licensed premises

We regularly carry out night time inspections to check that premises are safe and that escape routes are fit for use at all times.​

Licensed premises include:

  • restaurants
  • nightclubs
  • public houses (pubs)
  • tourist accommodation

Apply for an inspection

If you apply for a liquor licence, you'll need an inspection and report by the Fire and Rescue Service under the Licensing (Jersey) Law 1974

You'll need to apply for your inspection at least 10 working days before the Parish Assembly at which your application for a liquor licence will be considered. The fee for the inspection and report is detailed in Item 12 of the following Home Affairs Order 2023.

Home Affairs (Fire and Rescue and Petroleum) (2024 Fees) (Jersey) Order 2023

Requirements for holding a public entertainment event

If you plan to hold an event, you need to apply for a permit from the Bailiff of Jersey.

One of the conditions of the permit is that all reasonable fire and safety precautions are made and maintained according to Fire and Rescue Service regulations.​

We'll carry inspections during performances to check on fire safety measures. This includes checking that adequate escape routes are provided and secure at all times.

Licensing public entertainment

Back to top
rating button