Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Contributions into approved Jersey private pensions plans: tax form help

​Contributions into approved Jersey pension schemes

If you’ve paid into an approved Jersey retirement annuity contract or approved Jersey retirement trust scheme and you have relevant earnings, you can claim an expense for these contributions.

Maximum pension relief

There is no limit to the amount you can pay into your pension fund but the maximum relief is the lower of:

  • your total pension contribution(s)
  • £50,000 less any excess
  • your relevant earnings less any excess

The excess is calculated if your total income is more than £150,000.

The amount of relief you get will also depend on any contributions you have made into occupational pension schemes.

Filling out the form

Enter the name of the scheme you paid into during the year and the amount of your contributions up to the maximum amount of £50,000.

More help

For more information:

Claiming a deduction for your pension contributions

Printable notes

You can print these notes including a large print version.

Private pension contribution personal tax return notes

Accessible large print notes

Private pension contribution personal tax return large print notes

Back to top
rating button