Statistical information produced by Revenue Jersey.
Customer service in numbers
Revenue Jersey is managing an unusually high volume of work arising from its transformation programme, from supporting taxpayers through the COVID-19 pandemic and from recent changes in tax legislation.
Revenue Jersey's service levels need to be improve. This information indicates current trends for key services.
The Treasury Minister is providing further resources to help improve services and Revenue Jersey aims to publish new service standards when work volumes have returned to normal levels.
Telephone calls to Revenue Jersey
|Week ending 15 October||1,287||7 minutes 51 seconds||67%||6 minutes 05 seconds|
|Year to date||60,680||7 minutes 28 seconds||66.28%||6 minutes 02 seconds|
Tax helpdesk in customer and local services
Due to Covid-19 measures the helpdesk is open to appointment only.
Personal tax 2020 returns and assessing
|Week ending 15 October||22||1,529||78% assessed within 30 days|
|Year to date||57,346||54,332|
Revenue Jersey is currently responding to around 80% of e-mails within 28 working days of receipt. The length of time taken will vary according to the complexity of the enquiry.
- the department normally receives between 500 and 800 emails weekly
- during 2020 (principally because of the Covid-19 Pandemic) and to date, email volumes routinely exceeded 1,200 weekly
- taxpayer confidentiality issues can limit the scope to respond to taxpayers by email, in that event, a letter would be written
- Revenue Jersey endeavours to prioritise enquiries involving financial distress
- multiple emails from the same individual about the same issue can delay response times due to the need to link correspondence
Revenue Jersey continues to encourage people to self serve on the website (where that is possible) and otherwise ideally to contact them by telephone where tax officers aim to provide a "once and done" service, resolving any issue at that first point of contact.
Tax statistical digests
Information about sources of revenue and amount collected.
Statistical digest for income tax year of assessment 2015 and GST calendar year 2016.
Tax statistical digest 2015
Statistical digest for income tax year of assessment 2016 and GST calendar year 2017.
Tax statistical digest 2016
Statistical digest for income tax year of assessment 2017 and GST calendar year 2018.
Tax statistical digest 2017