About the Higher Education Fair
Come along to the Higher Education Fair at Hotel de France on Thursday 9 March from 1.30pm to 6.30pm to find out more about universities and higher education in the UK, on-Island and overseas.
Following the success of the employer area at last years fair, we will be looking to replicate and expand this area if possible.
The Higher Education Fair is completely free and gives you the opportunity to talk to exhibitors on over 75 stands; these range from universities (from both the UK, on-Island and overseas), training providers, gap year specialists and employers.
Talks giving information on courses, how to apply, funding and employment will be held Wednesday evening before the Higher Education Fair at Highlands College. Talk times to be confirmed.
Who can attend?
The fair is free to attend for Islanders of any age.
A list of exhibitors will be available closer to the event.
Talks at school from universities
University representatives will also be visiting most secondary schools to talk to students aged 14 and over and lead interactive workshops aimed at encouraging them to think about higher education and the options available.
Tips for getting the most out of the Higher Education Fair
Before the fair:
- research course information from university websites and UCAS course search
- think carefully about the subject you would like to study. It will be your focus for a number of years
- write down what you're looking for from a university (location, size, course, extra-curricular options)
- list the university stands that are of particular interest to you
- prepare a list of questions to ask representatives, so you can compare and reflect on them later
- identify any specific presentations at the fair that interest you and make a note on your questions list
- make sure that you have a notepad and pen to take with you to make notes and take contact details