Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Higher education: studying abroad

Applying to study overseas

Each country has a different system. Some want you to apply directly to an institution, others only want you to apply through an agent. Using an agent can help with arranging visas and other necessary documentation, as well as providing general advice.

When to apply

Europe and North America work on the same academic year as the UK. The application timetable is also similar: 8 to 12 months before.

Australia and New Zealand start their academic year in January or February. You need to make your application 5 to 18 months before courses are due to start.

Useful websites

Study destination
Australia and New Zealand Study Options
Education USA
Study USA
Fulbright Commission
Study in Holland
The Student World


Our higher education guide contains further information on international universities, the European application process and case studies of students studying abroad.

REACH - a guide to higher education

Back to top
rating button