How to apply for an apprenticeship
All applications for apprenticeships taught at Highlands College or with other providers can be made through a single application gateway.
Apply for an apprenticeship online
How Trackers works
Trackers is the island-wide apprenticeship programme providing a mentoring service and course cost funding for recognised qualifications undertaken at Highlands College and other on-island and distance providers.
Maximum cost of subsidy for a course is £1600 per academic year. Any costs over and above this will need to be met by the apprentice or employer.
Every apprentice is allocated a dedicated, qualified mentor to coach, support and guide apprentices through their apprenticeship.
- regularly meet one to one with apprentices
- act as an independent ‘listening ear’ for the apprentice
- provide support by facilitating performance reviews and appraisals with apprentices and employers
- help develop things such as teamwork, communication and inter-personal skills
- liaise between employers, apprentices and tutors
Mentors use recognised coaching and mentoring techniques with the aim of:
- maximising performance at work and college
- supporting the apprentice and employer to maintain good relations & thereby improve productivity
- challenging and developing apprentices’ abilities to help them reach their full potential
- providing impartial support to the apprentice
- beauty therapy
- civil engineering
- cyber security
- dental nursing
- green keeping
- health and social care
- motor vehicle
- painting and decorating
- veterinary nursing
- wood occupations