Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Protecting your contribution record if you’ve been made redundant

Getting credits if you’ve been made redundant

If you’ve lost your job because of compulsory redundancy, you can apply to protect your Social Security contribution record with unemployment credits.

We can only cover your contributions for a limited time, while you’re looking for another job.

How to apply

You’ll need to:

  • come into the Social Security department

  • see one of our Back to Work advisers

  • bring a letter from your previous employer with you, explaining that your redundancy is compulsory and saying the date that you last worked

A Back to Work advisor will tell you whether you will get unemployment credits

Unemployment benefit

There is no unemployment benefit in Jersey. However, if you have lived here for at least five years, you may be entitled to Income Support.

Income support

Back to top
rating button