Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Contribution credits for people off work sick or injured

How do I get credits if I am unfit for work due to illness / injury?

If you are unfit for work because of sickness and injury, we may be able to cover your contributions for you while you are signed off.

You need to bring your medical certificate into the department and if you are entitled to credits we will automatically credit you for the time you are signed off work.

As long as you have paid at least 3 months worth of contributions before the end of the relevant quarter you will be entitled to sickness benefit credits.

The table below shows how to find out the relevant quarter

If Short Term Incapacity Allowance claim begins during: The relevant quarter that affects payment of benefit is:
January - March July - September in the previous year
April - June October - December in the previous year
July - September January - March in the same year
October - December April - June in the same year
Back to top
rating button