Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

​​​​Applying to study internationally

The application process is different and each country has a different system. Some want you to apply directly to an institution, others prefer you apply through an agent.

Using an agent can help you arrange visas and other documentation and they can provide advice.

You can read case studies of students studying abroad in our REACH magazine.

REACH magazine 20​24

When to apply

Europe and North America have the same academic year as the UK.

Australia and New Zealand start their academic year in January or February.

Destination Website


Education USA
Study USA
Fulbright Commission

Australia and New Zealand

Study Options


Study in Holland

University of Caen

Jersey has an agreement with the University of Caen in Normandy (UNICAEN) so students from Jersey receive additional support if they choose to study at UNICAEN:

  • help with applications
  • welcome services
  • access to cultural activities 
  • events during your course

UNICAEN also provides extra French summer courses.

Before you enrol you'll need to achieve a Diploma in French Language Studies (DFLS) at level B2. You can study for the (DFLS) the year before your course begins or take an extra language preparation year in Caen. 

UNICAEN University of Caen

Choosing UNICAEN leaflet

Back to top
rating button