Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Apply to be a hawker if you don’t live in Jersey (selling door-to-door)

Licence to be a hawker

If you want to come to Jersey to sell goods door-to-door, you’ll need to apply for a licence.

This is called a hawker’s licence.

How to apply

Complete the application for a hawker's licence and return it to us.

Download application for a hawker's licence

You’ll have to pay a fee of £1,000.

Part of your application involves a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, so you’ll need to allow four to six weeks for us to process your licence.

If you live in Jersey

If you live in Jersey and want to sell goods door-to-door, contact the Population Office.

Back to top
rating button