Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Give feedback on health services and care

​​Give us your feedback

We need your feedback to keep improving the care we offer and services.

To give feedback on health services and care you can:

  • email the HCS Feedback Team on or call +44 (0) 1534 442044
  • submit the online form below 

Send feedback

We handle complaints we receive in line with the Customer Feedback Policy.

Find out more about how you can give us your feedback.

If you need information on health services and care, contact the Patient Advisory Liaison Services (PALS). PALS can put you in contact with the right services or teams and give advice and support.

Patient and visitor advice and support (PALS)


If you have a positive experience and what to give us compliments tell us:

  • which team provided the service or care
  • staff names, if you can
  • what they did for you

All compliments and will be shared with the relevant teams.

Raising a concern

You should first raise your concern with the staff involved in giving care for you or your relative, to ensure the issue can be resolved quickly.

If you’re a patient in the hospital, raise your concern with either the:

  • Ward Manager
  • Ward Sister
  • Charge Nurse

If you feel your concern is unresolved, request to speak to a Lead Nurse in Health and Community Services (HCS).    

If you’re unable to do this, or want to talk with someone outside of the department or ward, you can raise your concern with our Feedback Team.

When we receive your concern, a member of our Feedback Team will contact you to talk you through the process and support you.

If you contact us on behalf of a relative, friend or a person in your care, we’ll need their consent to support you with your request.

If you’re considering making a complaint but need help

Many issues can be resolved by speaking directly to the staff members where you receive care or access a service.

If you can’t resolve an issue you can speak with a member of the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). We understand the complaints process and can give you free, confidential and independent guidance and support. We can try to help you resolve issues informally before you need to make a complaint.

We can be particularly helpful if your issue is urgent and you need action immediately. For example, if there’s a problem with the treatment or care you receive while in hospital.

Patient and visitor advice and support (PALS)​

Making a formal complaint

Your complaint should include:

  • details of the issue
  • the departments or teams involved
  • the date the issue started 

If you would prefer to discuss your complaint in person we can arrange a face-to-face meeting.

When we receive your complaint, a member of our Feedback Team will contact you to talk you through the process. We’ll support you and make sure your complaint is investigated.

Back to top
rating button