Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Update your contact details with Government departments

​How to update your contact details

You can now update your contact details online. You'll need to activate your onegov account, which includes setting up your Government Digital ID before you update your details.

Update your contact details

Setting up your Digital ID (JerseyMe)

To set up your Digital ID, you'll need:

  • a valid passport
  • a mobile phone
  • a personal email address
  • a device with a working camera and microphone

Step by step guide on setting up your Digital ID (JerseyMe)

Setting up your Digital ID (YOTI)

To set up your Digital ID, you'll need:

  • a valid passport
  • a smartphone

Step by step guide on setting up your Digital ID (YOTI)

When to update your contact details

You’re legally required to let us know if you change your address. You need to wait until you’ve moved before updating us.

If you have parental responsibility for children under 16 moving with you, their details can be included on your form.

You can update your:

  • residential address
  • email
  • contact number(s)

Correspondence address

This form can't be used to change a correspondence address if it's different to your home address.

You must notify the relevant department or agency directly of a change to your correspondence address.

Who we'll tell about your changes

If you update your contact details online, we’ll automatically tell the following Government services:

  • Customer and Local Services (Social Security, Revenue Jersey and Population Office)
  • Government funded and participating schools (if you have a child under 16)
  • Health and Community Services, including the Hospital

If you want us to, we will also tell:

  • Active Gyms
  • Driver and Vehicle Standards (vehicle registration)
  • Jersey Library 
  • Pensions team for Government employees
  • participating GP Surgeries 

We don't tell

We do not inform your Parish about updates to:

  • driving licence
  • dog licence
  • electoral register
  • rate details
  • firearms licence

For these you will need to contact your Parish Hall directly.

If you can’t set up a digital ID or onegov account

Contact Customer and Local Services who will be able to update your contact details:

Leaving Jersey

If you’re leaving Jersey for more than 3 months, you can use our online form to let us know. 

Moving to Jersey

If you’re returning to Jersey after an extended absence, or moving to Jersey for the first time, then you’ll need to visit Customer and Local Services in La Motte Street. Once registered, you will be able to set up your account.

Moving to Jersey

Updating your name or gender

You can't use the contact details form to update your name or gender. You'll need to visit Customer and Local Services with the necessary documents to update:

  • your health card
  • your registration card
  • any benefits you receive
  • your passport
  • your income tax records

Name change checklist after marriage

Amend your passport

Change of gender

Back to top
rating button