Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Fireworks (licences to sell and import)

The sale and handling of fireworks is at present governed by the Explosives (Jersey) Law 1970.

Explosives (Jersey) Law 1970 on Jersey Law website

Article 17 refers to a code of requirements which must be followed by anyone using or handling explosives:

Download the explosives code of requirements (size 222kb)

Selling fireworks

Anyone wishing to sell fireworks requires a licence, which can be obtained from the Connetable of the parish from which the fireworks are to be sold. 

The Fire and Rescue Service may carry out an inspection of the premises from which the fireworks are to be sold and the storage areas.  There are certain requirements which must be followed in order for a licence to be issued.

Download the Fire and Rescue Service 'selling fireworks - retailers guide' (size 1.6mb)

Importing fireworks

If you wish to import fireworks, or any other kind of pyrotechnic device, you must apply to the Senior Fire Safety Officer at the Fire and Rescue Service.

Download pyrotechnics importation licence application form (size 270kb)

Are there any laws governing firework displays?

If you are planning to hold a public or semi-public firework display there are health and safety legal requirements you should be aware of.

Information on organising a firework display

Back to top
rating button