Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Veterans Welfare Service (VWS)

About the Veterans Welfare Service (VWS) 

The VWS helps veterans with welfare issues such as: 

  • housing problems and accessing emergency accommodation
  • completing Ministry of Defence compensation and pension forms
  • raising issues and concerns with States departments and parishes
  • applying for financial assistance

One-to-one help

For one-to-one help, advice or to make an appointment, contact the Channel Islands VWS representative, Nick Spratley. 

Call Nick Spratley on +44 (0) 78299 92373

Email Nick Spratley

Who the VWS can help

The VWS helps all veterans, their families and dependants.

You are considered a veteran if you have served in HM Armed Forces, regular or reserve, including:

  • National Servicemen
  • Former Polish forces under British command 
  • Merchant Mariners who have seen duty in military operations (eg the Falklands conflict)

Veterans UK free helpline and website

If you are a veteran needing advice, you can also contact the free veterans UK helpline on +44 (0) 8081 914218 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm), or visit the Veterans UK website.

Dedicated helpline staff offer advice on:

  • war pension scheme
  • armed forces compensation scheme
  • armed forces pensions
  • medals
  • service records
  • statutory benefits
  • emergency accommodation

Armed forces compensation on GOV.UK

Armed forces compensation forms on GOV.UK

Pensions for veterans on GOV.UK

War Pension Scheme on GOV.UK

Back to top
rating button