Support for Ex Armed Forces
The Government of Jersey have recently signed the Armed Forces Covenant, an agreement and commitment on behalf of the Government to support ex-military personnel.
A PDF explaining the service can be found here.
CLS Armed Forces Support
About the Veterans Welfare Service (VWS)
The VWS helps veterans with welfare issues such as:
- housing problems and accessing emergency accommodation
- completing Ministry of Defence compensation and pension forms
- raising issues and concerns with States departments and parishes
- applying for financial assistance
Who the VWS can help
The VWS helps all veterans, their families and dependants.
You are considered a veteran if you have served in HM Armed Forces, regular or reserve, including:
- National Servicemen
- Former Polish forces under British command
- Merchant Mariners who have seen duty in military operations (eg the Falklands conflict)
Veterans UK free helpline and website
If you are a veteran needing advice, you can also contact the free veterans UK helpline on +44 (0) 8081 914218 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm), or visit the Veterans UK website.
Dedicated helpline staff offer advice on:
- war pension scheme
- armed forces compensation scheme
- armed forces pensions
- service records
- statutory benefits
- emergency accommodation
Armed forces compensation on GOV.UK
Armed forces compensation forms on GOV.UK
Pensions for veterans on GOV.UK
War Pension Scheme on GOV.UK