What is Brighter Futures?
Brighter Futures (charity number 342) works in partnership with Parenting Support Services at the Bridge to meet the needs of families and young people effectively. Professionals can refer individuals into the service and / or individuals can self refer.
Brighter Futures website
The objectives of the charity remain the foundation upon which all work and developments are based:
- to give children, families and young people in Jersey the opportunity to be safe, healthy, happy and aspirational
- to support children, families and young people in Jersey to engage in life changing opportunities, especially in times of difficulties and challenge
- to fundraise in order to develop the opportunities and resources available to those accessing support from Brighter Futures
If you need information, advice or support on family life, or would like to volunteer or are looking for a charity to support which directly supports the Island community, contact us.
Our training programme
We run a 38 week training programme which includes:
- managing change
- wants and wishes
- self awareness
- information technology
- lifestyle training
- preparation for employment
- first aid qualification
Journey into well-being
This is an innovative and evidenced based approach to support the development of the main carer in the family.
There are different programmes provided by the charity to address the 3 areas of development which we believe to be important:
- relationships within the family
- use of self-awareness and self-management
- use of self-esteem and confidence
Programmes are all group based and are outlined below:
- Growing Together (parents and children 0 to 4 years)
- Physibods (parents and children in fun physical interactive group)
- Inbetweenies (parents and children aged 5 to 8 years)
- Family Problem Solving (parents and children over 8 years)
- Troubled Teenagers
- Fathers, Fun and Food
- Art of Parenting
- Support the Family
Relationships within the family
We aim to provide children, families and young people in Jersey the opportunity to be safe, healthy, happy and aspirational.
Families and young people facing challenges in their lives are referred into Brighter Futures from a wide range of agencies.
Parents can also self-refer.
A key worker / facilitator employed by Brighter Futures works in partnership with you over the long term. Our motto is to 'think family' as we believe that if we work in real partnership with the main carer, benefits gained will be transferred to home environment.
Use of self-awareness and self-management
The Relaxation and Self Management programme is usually offered on a one to one basis through such areas as:
- access to a body worker for relaxation skills
- practise breathing techniques using computer programmes such as HeartMath and the Journey to the Wild Divine
Use of self-esteem and confidence
To encourage maximum development and realisation of potential, clients are encouraged to volunteer and join teams at the Bridge so they can pass on skills learned and realise their own worth and what they have to offer.
In order to allow mothers of young children to access facilities we provide a crèche so that training and development can take place with peace of mind.
Adult Programs on Brighter Futures website
Parent & Child Programs on Brighter Futures website