What is Mind Jersey?
Mind Jersey is an independent local charity that provides support to people living with mental illness. Our vision is of a society that promotes and protects good mental health for all, and that treats people with experience of mental illness fairly, positively and with respect.
How we can help
Mind Jersey provides information, support and practical help to anyone with mental health problems. We can:
- provide information on mental health conditions ranging from how to deal with stress to severe mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia
- help you voice your choices about treatment, understand your rights or reach out to sources of support with our advocacy services
- support families, carers and friends of those who are ill. We can help you understand your loved one’s illness and how best to support them
- offer practical advice about day to day living with mental illness, and offer a residential service for up to eighteen people experiencing acute mental health illness
- offer a peer support service to help those in the Jersey community experiencing mental distress
- offer training, whether you are an individual wishing to increase your knowledge about mental health or an organisation looking for training for your staff, there will be a course for you
- provide support and information for health professionals, partner with other organisations or help signpost you to a number of additional local and national support services