What we do
Our aim is to provide education that ensures opportunity and is equal for all. We provide learning opportunities beginning from nursery and continuing through statutory, further and higher education to adulthood.
We are responsible for children’s services and education, including higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills in Jersey. This includes:
- providing and monitoring an effective curriculum and teaching and learning for 3 to 19 year olds
- professional development and training of all teaching staff
- supporting and providing advice to head teachers
- making educational provisions for the special needs of all children
- providing careers advice
- providing financial assistance for higher education courses
- delivery of the Jersey’s youth service
- registration of childcare settings
- delivery of library services across Jersey
- liaison with the trusts and voluntary organisations for the promotion of childcare
is a social partnership agreement between the States of Jersey and the The National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT).