If you're unable to depart Jersey / UK
This advice is for visa holders in Jersey whose permissions expired before 30 June 2021 and are unable to leave Jersey / UK because of travel restrictions or self-isolation related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you're unable to leave Jersey / UK you must email Jersey Customs and Immigration Service to request additional time to stay, also known as "exceptional assurance". You will still be expected to take all reasonable steps to leave Jersey / UK where it's possible to do so. The grant of an assurance does not grant you leave but will act as a short term protection against any adverse action or consequences as a result of your leave expiring.
You must provide the following information:
- full name (including any middle names)
- date of birth
- previous visa expiry date
- explanation of your current circumstances and why you're unable to go back to your home country
- scanned copy of passport bio-data page and page showing current immigration permissions
- evidence to support why you're unable to leave Jersey / UK
Examples of why you're not able to depart Jersey / UK may be due to flight restrictions and being unable to find a flight before your leave expires, you have coronavirus or other exceptional circumstances such as ill health.
You'll be contacted by the Jersey Customs and Immigration Service who will provide you with further advice.
You don't need to contact us if you're able to leave Jersey or UK by 30 June 2021.