Who this applies to
This advice is for visa holders and applicants in Jersey whose permissions are due to expire between 1 March 2020 and 30 June 2020.
This will include any visa holders in the island with visas issued in the following categories:
- visitor visa
- tier 2 work permit visa
- family visa – spouse, unmarried partner, fiancé, EEA family member
- discretionary leave
Your visa will be extended to 30 June 2020 if you cannot leave Jersey / UK because of travel restrictions or isolation related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
What you need to do
email Jersey Customs and Immigration Service to update your records if your visa is expiring.
You must provide the following:
- full name (including any middle names)
- date of birth
- previous visa expiry date
- explanation of your current circumstances and why you are unable to go back to your home country
- scanned copy of passport bio-data page and page showing current immigration permissions
We'll let you know when we receive your request and when your visa has been extended to.