About Fit for Life
Fit for Life is a 12 week exercise programme that will work on improving your:
- cardiovascular fitness
We adapt each exercise to each individual and allow you to work at your own pace.
Referral to Fit for Life
There are different reasons why your General Practioner (GP) or other Health care professional might have been referred for an assessment. These can include:
- following a fall or due to risk of falls
- frailty or identified as at risk of frailty
- following discharge from hospital to improve general strength or mobility
- neurological long term conditions such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
What to expect
Assessment is at Overdale and performed by a member of the Fit for Life team. During the assessment we will set goals with you, to determine which group you are most suitable for.
Once the class has been completed a member of the Fit for Life team will review the progress you have made. We will provide guidance to other exercise opportunities to help you remain active.
We will arrange a follow up appointment in 1 year to check on your activity levels and to track progress.
What to bring
You will need to bring the following to your class:
- wear loose, light fitting clothing
- flat confortable closed footwear
- drinking water
- your walking aid, if you use one
- a list of your current medications as well as any you may need to take or administer during the assessment. For example, inhalers, GTN spray
Fit for Life has 3 levels, you will be assigned to the most suitable group. This will dictate your class start time as well as whether you choose east or west.
|9.30am to 10.30am||Le Squez Youth Centre|
|9.30am to 10.30am||St Bernadette's Church Hall|
|11am to 12pm||Le Squez Youth Centre|
|11am to 12pm||St Bernadette's Church Hall|
|1pm to 2pm||Le Squez Youth Centre|
|1pm to 2pm||St Bernadette's Church Hall|
Le Squez Youth Centre is next door to Samares School. Free parking behind the building and it is only a short walk from the car park to the front door of the youth centre.
St Bernadette’s Church Hall alongside the entrance to Les Quennevais Sports Centre.
We’re unable to provide transport to community venues. Therefore you must make your own travel arrangements.
Liberty Bus operate the following bus routes to our venues from Liberation Station:
- route 15 to St Bernedette’s Church Hall
- route 16 to Le Squez Youth Centre
- route 19 to Overdale Hospital
For more details on Liberty bus times visit