You will not require planning permission to erect a satellite or TV antenna to your home provided that:
- the property is not a listed building or place (LBP) or a potential listed building or place (pLBP)
- only one dish is installed
- any dish or antenna attached to a building, the dish is less than 120cm in diameter and is not on a principal elevation
- it is not commercial telecommunications equipment
- the building is not within a conservation area (CA) if the installation would face a road
- any dish or antenna placed on land, if it is placed in front of a principal elevation, it is no higher than 1 meter above ground level at its highest point
Note: 'principal elevation’ means any elevation that faces or is within 20 metres of a public road. A ‘public road’ is a road or footpath which is maintained at the expense of the public.
Is my building or site listed?
Making an application - planning
Building permission is not required for satellite or TV antennas.