Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Registering for personal tax

​Moving to Jersey for the first time

If you've recently moved here, you'll need to register for social security and tax. You need to do this at Customer and Local Services.

Becoming a Jersey resident

Already living in Jersey, returning to Jersey or non-resident

If you live in Jersey and already have a social security number, but are not registered for tax, then you will need to register if:

  • you are starting work for the first time
  • you are starting your own business (self-employed, limited company or partnership)
  • you have investment, pension or property income that exceeds your personal tax threshold
  • any other circumstances where you will have a personal income tax liability
Use the personal tax registration form to send us your details.

Returning to Jersey

If you're returning to Jersey after an extended absence you'll need to re-register using the personal tax registration form to update your details.


If you are non-resident but you have Jersey sources of income (for example employment or property income) on which you are liable to pay Jersey tax, you'll need to register by completing the tax registration form.

Download the personal tax registration form

Back to top
rating button