Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Registering for tax and getting a tax identification number

​Moving to Jersey for the first time

If you've moved here, you'll need to register as living in Jersey. This process includes tax registration so you don't need to register separately for tax.

Register as a Jersey resident

Already living in Jersey

If you live in Jersey and have a social security number, but don't have an ITIS rate or complete a tax return you may need to register for tax.

Start work for the first time

You'll need to tell us what your salary is going to be so we can send you an ITIS rate. If you're going to earn more than your personal tax exemption threshold you will also be required to file a tax return.

Request an ITIS rate

Start your own business

You'll need to apply for a business licence.

If you already have a business licence then you should be completing a tax returns, even if your profits are below the tax exemption threshold or your company is zero tax rated.

If you have employees you need to register as an employer.

Starting up a new business

Register as an employer

You have pension, investment or property income

If your total income is more than your personal tax threshold or you have any other circumstances where you will have a personal tax bill then you should be completing tax returns.

Register for tax

Returning to Jersey and non-residents

Returning to Jersey

If you're returning to Jersey after an extended absence you can re-register for tax.


If you are non-resident but you have Jersey sources of income (for example employment or property income) on which you are liable to pay Jersey tax, you'll need to register.

Register for tax

Corporate tax registration

Companies are registered by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. This process includes notification to Revenue Jersey who will issue a TIN once you have successfully registered.

Incorporate a company (JFSC website)

Partnership registration

If you have created a partnership in Jersey then you will need to nominate a responsible partner, register with Revenue Jersey and let us know the details about the partnership.

Register a partnership for tax

Charity registration

Your charity must be registered with the Charity Commissioner to be able to claim tax reliefs.

Once you charity has been Registered by the Jersey Charity Commissioner you should email Revenue​ Jersey with the name, address and Registered Charity Number to obtain a Tax Identification Number (TIN).

Registering a charity with Revenue Jersey

Foundation registration

Foundations are registered by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. This process includes notification to Revenue Jersey who will issue a TIN once you have successfully registered.

Register a foundation

Clubs, associations and incorporated society registration

If you have set up a club, association or incorporated society please contact Revenue Jersey to find out if you need to register for tax. ​

Pension scheme registration

If you're registering and ​seeking approval of a pension scheme you need to send the information to  listed in appendix 1 of the pension administrator tax guidance notes

Pension administrator information

International Savings Plan registration

If you're registering and seeking approval of an international savings plan you must send Revenue Jersey the information in the prescribed format.

International Savings Plan information

Tax Identification Numbers (TINs)

Once you have successfully registered you will be issued a unique 10 digit Tax Identification Number (TIN).

An introduction to Tax Identification Numbers

Back to top
rating button