Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Renting a room in your home: tax form help

Income from renting rooms in your home​

Any income you receive from renting rooms in your home is taxable. Examples to include here are income from:

  • lodgers
  • foreign students
  • holiday makers, for example Airbnb
  • paying guests

This section is for small scale activities and doesn’t include income from lodging houses or bed and breakfast establishments.

Filling out the form

Tick the box to confirm if you provide meals and then enter the total gross income you received in the year.


You’ll receive a flat rate deduction against this income:

  • 25% deduction if no meals are provided
  • 50% deduction if meals are provided

More help

For more information:

Property income and tax

Back to top
rating button