Wellbeing and Job Seeking Support Event on Tuesday 22 September
This month we will be holding a Closer to Home event focused on offering physical and mental wellbeing, job seeking and back to work support.
The event takes place at the Library Halkett Place, St Helier, on Tuesday 22 September between
6pm and 8pm.
It’s free to attend and you'll find information, support and guidance from the following services.
There will be workshops and presentations running throughout:
• ‘Lockdown Stories’ - Mind Jersey will be showing a short film of people sharing their experiences of mental health during lockdown
• ‘Interview Skills’ - workshops will be running at 6pm and 7pm. To enquire about these sessions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Closer to Home
Closer to Home is a new way of delivering activities and services in community locations to make it easier for Islanders of all ages to access them.
A wide range of services and activities are delivered every month, catering for different ages (0 to 100), interests and needs. Examples include:
- health checks, including baby weigh-ins and blood pressure checks for older adults
- social activities, such as singing, dancing and pop-up cafes
- exercise classes, such as gentle movement to circuit training
- support and advice, including addiction support and Citizens Advice
- craft and culture, including Library pop-ups
Closer to Home is a partnership initiative developed by the Government of Jersey, voluntary and community organisations and the Parishes. Our list of partners is constantly evolving. Activities and services are currently being delivered by the following organisations:
If you would like to find out more about a particular activity or service, contact the partner who delivers that session.