About Closer to Home
Closer to Home is a new way of delivering activities and services in community locations to make it easier for Islanders of all ages to access them.
A wide range of services and activities are delivered every month, catering for all ages interests and needs. Examples include:
- health checks, including baby weigh-ins and blood pressure checks for older adults
- social activities, such as singing, dancing and pop-up cafes
- exercise classes, such as gentle movement to circuit training
- support and advice, including addiction support and Citizens Advice
- craft and culture, including Library pop-ups
Closer to Home events
Thursday 7 September at St Ouen Parish Hall 3pm to 7pm
Come along and take the opportunity to socialise over free tea, coffee and cake while finding out more about the community and charitable organisations that are available to you.
There are free arts and crafts activities and yoga to get involved in. Jersey Electricity will also be available to do Portable Appliance Testing on electric blankets.
Places are limited for the free activities. Scan the QR codes in the poster to secure your place, or you can sign up for arts and crafts and yoga.
Closer to Home event 7 September 2023
Please see below a list of participating community and charitable organisations for September's event:
- Carbon Neutral Team
- Carers Jersey
- Community Police
- Customer Experience Team
- Dementia Jersey
- Headway Jersey
- Housing Advice Service
- Jersey Cancer Relief
- Jersey Electricity
- Jersey Library
- Jersey Sport
- Meals on Wheels (Jersey) Society
- Mind Jersey
- Oxygen Therapy Jersey
- Pensions and Care Hub, Customer and Local Services
- Viberts: Estate planning, capacity and elderly client advice
- Work and Family Hub, Customer and Local Services
Our list of partners
Closer to Home is a partnership initiative developed by the Government of Jersey, voluntary and community organisations and the Parishes. Our list of partners is constantly evolving. Activities and services are currently being delivered by the following organisations.
If you would like to find out more about a particular activity or service, contact the partner who delivers that session.
If you're interested in becoming a partner, email