About Baby Steps
Baby Steps is a free, fun, informative and structured antenatal and early postnatal programme for expectant mums and their partners.
The programme consists of 6 antenatal sessions and 3 postnatal sessions.
It is provided by Family Nursing and Home Care and delivered by experienced Health Visitors, Midwives and skilled facilitators.
We run sessions at various venues across the Island between 6pm and 8pm in the evening.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
What the Baby Steps programme covers
The programme will give you lots of interactive opportunities to prepare for a new life with your baby, enhance your transition to parenthood, learn all the up to date research and make some friends along the way.
We cover a wide range of topics such as:
- physical and brain development of your unborn baby
- changes for you and your partner (relationship, physical, emotional, lifestyle)
- health and wellbeing
- labour and birth
- feeding your baby
- practical care of your baby
- emotional aspects of becoming parents
- interacting with baby in the early days
- hand and footprint painting with the babies on your return to the postnatal sessions
How to book
If you're interested in booking a spot, you can: