Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Couple with baby scanCouple with baby scan

Off-Island care and treatment

If you or your baby need tests or treatment that can't be provided in Jersey your consultant will ​refer you to a hospital in the UK.

Usually pregnant women or newborns are referred to either the Queen Alexandra hospital in Portsmouth or the Princess Anne hospital in Southampton.

Patient Travel to the UK or Guernsey

Booking travel

Once you've been referred and have received a date and time for your UK hospital appointment, you'll have to book your travel (flights and accommodation) through the Travel Office at the hospital.

You can book your travel by emailing the Travel Office or by phoning on +44 (0) 1534 442323 or +44 (0) 1534 442310. The office is open for phone calls from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

If you need to see someone in person, the Travel Office is open for drop-in appointments between 10am and 2pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (closed Wednesday).

Travel costs

Travel costs are not means tested. What costs are covered are usually assessed on an individual basis depending on the circumstances around the treatment and what your consultant recommends.

However, generally if you're pregnant, the costs of your flight and accommodation (if required) are paid for along with the costs of getting to and from the hospital. If you want someone to accompany you such as your partner or a family member, they will usually have to cover their own travel costs.

If your baby is having treatment in the UK, usually the cost of 1 parent's travel and accommodation is paid for and the second parent would have to pay for their own flight.

If you want more information or have any questions you can contact the Overseas Treatments team on +44 (0) 1534 442481. They are open 9am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.

Other help with travel and accommodation costs

The Grace Crocker Family Support Foundation is a local charity set up to support families in Jersey who need to spend time in the UK whilst their child receives medical treatment in the UK and help with the costs of travel and accommodation.

The Grace Crocker Family Support Foundation website

Back to top
rating button