Registering your baby's birth
If your baby is born in Jersey you must register the birth with the parish registrar within 21 days. If you don't register your baby within 21 days you'll be charged a fee of £200.
You must take the following documents with you to the parish registrar:
- marriage certificate (if you're currently married)
- birth certificates or passports (if you're not married)
- decree absolute papers (if you're not married)
- deed poll papers (if you have any)
- official translation of any documents (not including passports) if they are in a language other than English or French
It's your responsibility as the parents to register the birth of your child. If you're unable to register the birth, the responsibility falls to those who were present at the birth and whoever will be caring for the child.
Registering your child for nursery
You can register for a school nursery place at any time. However places are allocated based on the date that you register so the earlier you apply the more chance you have of getting a place.
To register, download and complete the form below and send it to the school where you want a nursery place (you can list more than 1 nursery).
Only complete one form and return it to your first choice of school by post, email or in person.
Register your interest in a nursery place
Registering or applying for a school nursery place