Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

What to do with a passport when the holder has died

​What you should do

When a British passport holder dies, you can return their passport for cancellation.

Fill in the deceased passport holder form and return it along with the passport and a clear copy of the death certificate to the Passport Office (a Passport Officer may request to see the original). Once completed, send these documents to:

Passport Office
Customer and Local Services Centre
La Motte Street
St Helier

For security purposes, cut off the top right-hand corner of the passport before sending it to us. This is to stop the passport being used fraudulently. 

Lost or unavailable passport

If the passport is lost or not available, you still need to fill in the form and send us an original copy of the death certificate. We'll send the certificate back to you after we've cancelled the passport on our system.

Back to top
rating button