Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Lost, stolen or damaged passports

Reporting a damaged passport

You need to send your damaged passport to us and apply for a replacement.

We will return it once we have established your identity and have confirmed that the damage is not due to fraudulent tampering. 

Fraudulent tampering could mean someone has tried to change the identity details or photo on a passport to use it illegally.

Applying for a replacement passport

We only accept applications for replacement passports if you are:

  • a British citizen 
  • in Jersey at the time of applying or born in Jersey but currently in the UK 

Signatures required

If you are applying for a replacement passport you should sign the form yourself at section 7 and get it countersigned at section 8.

Supporting documents required

As well as the application form, fee and photos, you'll need to send us:

We may ask you to supply further documents such as birth or marriage certificates.

Your lost or stolen passport will be cancelled. If you later find it, you will not be able to use it and must return it to our office at CLS.

Need an emergency replacement passport

If you need to travel in less than six weeks, you should apply for your replacement passport using the express service which is available at an extra charge.

Replacement passports issued under the express service are processed and couriered within eight working days.

Passports that are lost or stolen while in Jersey

You need to report a lost or stolen passport to us as soon as possible by completing thelost or stolen passport form (LS01 form).

Once you have completed the form, you need to print and send it to the Passport Office at CLS. 

Paper forms are also available from CLS.

Passports that are lost or stolen abroad

If your passport was lost or stolen abroad you need to:

  1. report it to the local police in the country you're in to get a crime reference
  2. fill out thelost or stolen form 

You can report your passport lost or stolen with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) through the report a lost or stolen passport on the website.

You can also report the theft or loss to the UK FCO Embassy, Consulate or High Commission of the country you are in. When you make a report to the FCO, they will give you a form LS01 to complete and sign, you can also find and complete the LS01 form on the website

The FCO will record the loss or theft of your passport and forward the information to the Identity and Passport Service who will then cancel your passport to reduce the risk of someone else using your identity. 

Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.

Help travelling back to the UK

The FCO will give you an Emergency Travel Document so you can travel back to the UK.

Back to top
rating button