Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Amend your passport

Amend your passport

You need to get a new passport if you change any of the following:

  • your name
  • your gender
  • your appearance for example if you cannot be recognised from your passport photo any more

Passport fees, processing times and delivery

How to apply

Read the guidance notes carefully and follow the instructions before completing your passport application. 

  1. complete the online passport application form and payment
  2. once you have completed the form you’ll receive a copy of your application by email and your payment receipt (sent to you in a separate e-mail)
  3. print your application and receipt and sign the appropriate box in the application
  4. provide two identical photographs and any required supporting documents
  5. if required, have the application countersigned
  6. the Passport Office is currently closed to the public, please post or hand deliver your application in a sealed envelope to the clearly marked secure mail box, Customer and Local Services Centre, La Motte Street, St Helier, JE4 8PE

You may be contacted by a Passport Officer should any further documentation be required.

If you are unable to complete the online passport application form and require a paper copy please email with your name and address and one will be sent to you in the post.

Marriage or civil partnership and changing your name

You can get a new passport in your new name after the ceremony.

You need to include your marriage or civil partnership certificate with your online passport application.

If you are travelling soon after getting married

If you are travelling abroad soon after getting married, we recommend that you book your trip in your current name and wait until you return to apply for your new passport.

The name on your passport must match the one you use when you book your travel.

If you have booked your trip in your new name, contact us for advice.

Divorce or returning to a previous surname

If you have gone back to your maiden (unmarried) name, you must include the following with your online passport application form:

  • your full birth certificate, or decree absolute if it shows the link between your present name and your maiden name 
  • a signed statement from you, saying that you have gone back to your maiden name and that you will use this name for all purposes 

Gender change

You need to send one of the following when you apply for a passport:

  • a Gender Recognition Certificate
  • a new birth or adoption certificate showing your acquired gender
  • a letter from your doctor or medical consultant confirming your change of gender is likely to be permanent

If you’re sending a letter from your doctor or medical consultant and you’re changing your name, you’ll also need to supply both of the following:

  • evidence of your change of name (such as a deed poll)
  • evidence that you’re using your new name

Changing your name by deed poll

If you change your name for any other reason, you must provide your original change of name deed (deed poll) and statutory declaration with your passport application.

If you have changed your name more than once, we may ask to see evidence of all changes.

If you have a non-British passport

If you have dual citizenship (‘dual nationality’) and have a non-British passport, the name on your non-British passport must match the name and gender you want on your British passport.

If it doesn’t, change the details on your non-British passport before you apply for a new British passport.

Introduction of Blue Passports

The new blue passport design will be issued later in 2020 to British nationals renewing or applying for a new passport.

The blue passports will be phased in gradually, British passport holders don't need to take any action before their current passport renewal date.

If you renew or apply for a passport between in early 2020, you’ll be issued with either a blue or a burgundy British passport, you will not be able to choose which one you get.

All British passports issued from mid 2020 will be blue.

Islander endorsement

Currently a small percentage of British Islanders, who have no links to the UK, have an Islander Endorsement stamp in their passports. This endorsement restricts the automatic right to live and work in the EU. After 31 December 2020 this endorsement will cease to be added to any new or renewed Jersey variant British passports.

Back to top
rating button