Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

What to do with a passport when the holder has died

​When a British passport holder dies, you can return their passport for cancellation. Fill in the deceased passport holder form and return it along with the passport and the original death certificate to the Passport Office.

Deceased passport holder form

For security purposes, cut off the top right-hand corner of the passport before sending it to us. This is to stop the passport being used fraudulently. If the passport is lost or not available, you will still need to fill in this form and send us an original copy of the death certificate. We'll send the certificate back to you after we've cancelled the passport on our system.

Back to top
rating button