Where to go
Most appointments are held in the Gwyneth Huelin Wing of the General Hospital.
Some are held in other areas of the main hospital or at other Health and Community Services locations such as Overdale Hospital.
Details of where your appointment will be held is written in your appointment letter. If you are uncertain about any details, phone the contact number on the letter.
If you are not sure where to go when you arrive, ask at the main reception desk.
Cancelling your appointment
Call the number on your appointment letter as soon as possible to cancel. This allows us to rearrange your appointment and give your original appointment to someone else.
What to bring
Read your appointment letter very carefully. It might ask you to bring certain items with you, or ask you to visit another department for tests before your clinic appointment.
You should remember to bring:
- your appointment letter and any other information we have sent to you
- all medications you are taking including prescription medications, medicines you have bought or alternative medicines such as herbal remedies
- a small amount of money in case you need to buy a drink or snack
- information about any change in your personal details, eg if you have a new address or a new GP
- any samples as requested by your doctor or nurse
We make every effort to see you as near to your appointment time as possible. We can’t always predict how long your appointment will take and delays can sometimes happen so allow plenty of time.
All pedestrian entrances are suitable for wheelchairs and there are disabled toilets in key locations, including the main reception area.
There are also a number of disabled parking spaces located close to the entrances of the hospital.
Health and Community Services have a Hospital interpreter service to help people who do not speak English.