We provide an emergency service, 24 hours a day seven days a week. Our services include:
- emergency ambulance and paramedics
- transport for patients who need to travel overseas for treatment
- patient transport services for patients to and from their appointment, day centres and inter-hospital transfers
- responding to urgent and non-urgent calls
- call handling for the out of hours GP service
We also provide voluntary services, such as:
Community First Responders Scheme (CFR)
CFR is a voluntary scheme for people who provide life-saving first aid at the scene before an ambulance arrives. Volunteers undertake regular training sessions to maintain standards of practice. The training covers:
- first aid
- oxygen therapy
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- how to use a defibrillator
How to apply
You can email our Training Officer Paramedic or call on +44 (0) 1534 444711 for more information.
Ambulance Support Unit
The Ambulance Support Unit is a group of volunteers who:
- support the Ambulance Service at major incidents
- support St. John Ambulance
Volunteers undertake regular training sessions to maintain standards of practice.
You can email our Operations Manager or call on +44 (0) 1534 444722 for more information.
Voluntary car service
A volunteer group who transport non-emergency mobile patients who are not able to use public transport. Email our Operations Manager or call +44 (0) 1534 444722 for more information.
For non-urgent calls, call us on +44 (0) 1534 444710 from 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Comments, compliments and complaints
If you have any suggestions or comments about our services, we welcome your feedback.
Send us your feedback