Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Speech and language therapy

​​Adult speech and language therapy

Our team  works with adults who have speech, language or swallowing difficulties resulting from:

  • a brain injury or stroke
  • a progressive neurological condition (e.g. motor neurone disease, Parkinson's disease, dementia or multiple sclerosis)
  • a voice disorder
  • a stammer
  • learning difficulties

Acc​ess the service

There are various ways to access our services:

  • your GP, consultant, other professional working with you can make a referral
  • you can refer yourself, voice disorders need an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) assessment first
  • with your permission, a carer, friend or family member can refer you

Clinic location

We are located at Enid Quenault Wellbeing Centre, Quennevais. For information on how to access the Centre visit: The Enid Quenault Health and Wellbeing Centre (​

If necessary we can see you wherever they are: at home, in hospital, or in a nursing or residential home.


Following assessment, we will agree a therapy plan with you. This may involve:

  • setting and review of therapy goals
  • individual or group therapy
  • self-directed work
  • practise with carers or rehabilitation assistants

For therapy to be as effective as possible, speech and language therapists work collaboratively with other health and social care professionals also involved with your care.

Clients with voice disorders are managed in collaboration with the ENT department. Speech and language therapy also deliver services as part of the:

  • multi-disciplinary community stroke team
  • memory clinic
  • neurocare team
  • community network team

Children's Speech and Language Therapy Team

The Children's Speech and Language Therapy Team, work with children and young people who have difficulties with: ​

  • communication 
  • eating 
  • drinking 
  • swallowing 
For more information on the assessments and therapies they offer and details of how to access the service visit: Children's Speech and Language Therapy Services at: Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service (​.

​Useful resources

​​Speech and Language Therapy for the Adult Learning Disability Service

Adult Speech and Language Therapy services for people who stammer

Dysphagia Policy: Adult In-Patient Jersey General Hospital

Dysphagia Policy: Adults in Community Settings

Back to top
rating button