Recycle Christmas rubbish
You can put all of the following into recycling bins:
- envelopes: recycle in the paper bank
- greetings cards (except musical): recycle in the paper bank
- brown paper and brown envelopes: recycle in the cardboard bank
Remove sticky tape and ribbons before recycling.
Christmas wrapping paper cannot be recycled and must be put with general waste.
You can recycle your used batteries in battery banks found at larger supermarkets and our bring bank facilities.
Recycle your Christmas tree
Jersey Hospice Care will collect your real Christmas tree from your home or business and deliver it to us for composting.
Christmas tree collections on Jersey Hospice website
You can also bring your Christmas tree to our green waste reception at La Collette.
La Collette household green waste reception
You can reduce the impact of Christmas on the environment by planning what to buy in advance. Follow these tips for a greener Christmas:
- buy greetings cards, decorations and wrapping paper made from recycled paper
- buy green gifts, such as home composting kits and products made from recycled materials
- avoid heavily packaged goods and foodstuffs
- choose loose and locally grown produce
- stock up on rechargeable batteries and buy products that use rechargeable batteries or solar recharging
Separate your Christmas rubbish
Separate your rubbish for recycling. These items can be recycled at recycling points in every parish:
- plastic bottles
- metal packaging (food and drink cans, foil and foil packaging)
Check you parish website for refuse collection and recycling facilities.
Bellozanne opening hours and recycling facilities